- 1 Top WhatsApp Tips and Tricks You Never Knew
- 1.1 1. Send WhatsApp messages without typing :
- 1.2 2. Read WhatsApp messages without the sender finding it out :
- 1.3 3. Stop everyone from knowing you read their message, by default :
- 1.4 4. Hide Last Seen on WhatsApp :
- 1.5 5. Use WhatsApp Quote feature to quote any message :
- 1.6 6. Mark any message on WhatsApp as Starred and find it easily later :
- 1.7 7. Recover your deleted messages on Whatsapp :
- 1.8 8. Extend WhatsApp validity :
- 1.9 9. Send texts/files from PC to Phone and vice versa via WhatsApp :
- 1.10 10. Send your message in new font :
- 1.11 11. Turn words into Bold, Italic or Strikethrough :
- 1.12 12. Search for particular messages :
1. Send WhatsApp messages without typing :
We understand that you are too lazy to type sometimes. To send messages without typing –
Open the message window -> Click on Type message. A mic option will appear on the keyboard. -> Speak your message and it will automatically get typed.
Note : The mic option may be at different places on different keyboards.
2. Read WhatsApp messages without the sender finding it out :
Not in the mood to reply but want to read the message without making the sender see that hurtful blue tick? Don’t worry, we have you covered.
Just follow this simple technique –
Turn on the Flight Mode (or turn off the Wi-Fi, if using so) -> Read the WhatsApp message -> Turn off the flight mode ( or turn the Wi-Fi back on).
Please note : The blue tick will be visible to the sender right after you open the WhatsApp application on your phone.
To avoid this, the next tip will be useful for you.
3. Stop everyone from knowing you read their message, by default :
Go to WhatsApp -> Tap three vertical dots icon on the top right of your screen -> Go to Settings > Account > Privacy -> Uncheck Read receipts.
Right after you uncheck Read Receipts, it will disable the blue ticks permanently.
- How to Recover/Restore Deleted WhatsApp Chat History
- WhatsApp for PC: Download & Installation Guide
- How to Enable Two-Step Verification on WhatsApp
4. Hide Last Seen on WhatsApp :
There may be a possibility of your opening WhatsApp just to check for important messages because of your busy schedule.
In order to not hurt anyone, you can compliment the above tip (Number 3) with hiding your last seen. To do so –
Click on 3 vertical dots on home screen -> Click on settings -> Account -> Privacy -> Last seen. Change it to Nobody.
Now, people will not know about the last time you opened the app.
5. Use WhatsApp Quote feature to quote any message :
• Long press on the message you specifically want to reply to.
• You will see a left arrow icon on the top left. This is the Reply icon. Press on it.
By pressing on the arrow, you can reply to the selected message specifically.
6. Mark any message on WhatsApp as Starred and find it easily later :
In the middle of long, continuous conversations, it becomes hard to find the important messages and it consumes a lot of our precious time.
To make it easy, Just Long press any message you hope to need in near future and mark it as Starred.
You can find it anytime easily from main WhatsApp window.
Just Click on Three vertical dots on main window, and click on Starred Messages.
7. Recover your deleted messages on Whatsapp :
Mistakenly deleted your recent chats? No worries. Just follow the following steps –
– Connect your mobile with your pc via USB cable.
– Go to folder named WhatsApp > Databases
– Two files are there named msgstore-yyyy..dd..db.crypt and msgstore.db.crypt
– msgstore-yyyy..dd..db.crypt file has all the messages sent or recieved in last 7 days.
– Open it with notepad or wordpad to view and read messages.
8. Extend WhatsApp validity :
Let’s say your Phone no. has service end on August 18 ,2017. You can extend the validity by following these steps –
I. Go to settings >Account >Change number.
Change your old number to any new number.
II. Now, follow the same step and change the number to your old one.
Cheers, you have extended your validity for one year from today’s date. ( The date on which you are performing this trick)
9. Send texts/files from PC to Phone and vice versa via WhatsApp :
For this, first you have to,
– Save your own phone number (the one active on WhatsApp ) on your phone with your name.
– Open that in contacts and you will see the option to send messages to the number on Whatsapp.
This can also be used to save notes just by messaging yourself.
Now, how to transfer images(or whatever data you want) from pc to mobile/mobile to pc –
Open http://web.whatsapp.com on your pc and scan the code.
Select the required data you want to transfer and send it to your own number.
Your work is done.
10. Send your message in new font :
Just enclose your message as shown in the picture below and your message will be sent in a completely new font.
11. Turn words into Bold, Italic or Strikethrough :
Sometimes, certain words need more emphasis and shouty caps don’t always do the job. WhatsApp allows you to make whichever words or phrases you want bold, italic, or strikethrough them altogether.
Add an asterisk (*) either side of the word or phrase for *bold*. Add an underscore (_) either side of the word or phrase for _italic_. Add a tildes(~) to either side of the word or phase for ~strikethrough~.
- Excellent WhatsApp Tips And Tricks For WhatsApp
- How to Send WhatsApp Messages to Multiple Contacts
- Top Free Alternatives to WhatsApp
12. Search for particular messages :
How many times have you forgot to mark important messages as Starred and found yourself frantically scrolling back through old messages to try and find that important phone number or email address?
Save your time and your thumbs by using WhatsApp’s built-in search feature. Just open the chat that you want to search in, then tap on Options > Search and enter the phrase you’re looking for.