System without an internet connection is like a fish out of water. Even if there are ways that one can do their work offline but still they want their connection back as soon as possible.
So if you are also facing an internet connection problem on your laptop or computer and in need to find some solution to fix this issue, then you are landed at the right place.
In this article you will get to know that how easily and quickly you can solve your internet connection problems by using chrome.
Before moving on to a bit long method. Let’s first try to solve your internet connection problem by making changes into your wireless settings.
- How to Install Google Chrome Extensions From Outside of The Web Store
- How To Take Screenshot on a Chrome OS
- Fastest Android Browser for your Android Smartphone
- How to Fix Shockwave Flash Player Crashes Issue in Google Chrome
Check your Wireless Settings to solve Internet Connection Problem
- Firstly go through the status area in the bottom right-hand corner of your system.
You can click anywhere in the status area to expand it. It will show you all basic settings like sound level, battery percentage, whether Bluetooth is enabled or disabled etc. It will show the status of your internet connection too.
- If you are connected to any network then you can see Connected to [Network Name].
- If it says “No Network” then click on the box. It will show you a complete list of all available Wi-Fi Networks.
- You can click on Join Other or Settings which is at the bottom, if you want to enter a network manually.
- If you tap on Settings bar then you can see a full setting page will start launching into your chrome browser.
- There you can find the Internet Connection section at the top of the page. There you can allow proxies for shared network and can edit your saved wireless connections also.
- Now in the Settings tab in the Chrome, you can see a list of available networks. There click on that network name to which you want to connect to.
- If the password of that network has changed then you have to re-configure the connection and update its password.
- For that you have to click on the configure button available at the bottom of the pop-up window.
- There you have to enter the new password and click on connect button.
Chrome Connectivity Diagnostic tool
After actually connected to a network, if you are still facing issues with your internet connection then now you must run Google’s diagnostic tool. It will surely solve your all problems.
To solve your internet connection problem by using Chrome, you need an app called as Chrome Connectivity Diagnostics.
Steps to Download and Install Chrome Connectivity Diagnostics
Here is a step by step guide on how to download and install this app very easily to solve your internet connection issue.
- First of all, you have to download this app. For that you can click on the following link https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chrome-connectivity-diagn/eemlkeanncmjljgehlbplemhmdmalhdc/related?hl=en.
- After you tap on the above link, you are redirected to a webpage where you can see an option that is asking you to Add to Chrome.
- When you tap on that then again there comes a pop-up box on which you have to tap on add to chrome.
- Now it will start downloading your app.
- That’s it.
How to Use Chrome Connectivity Diagnostic to Solve Internet Connection Problem
If you have successfully installed Chrome Connectivity Diagnostics app on your system then now you have to use this app to solve your internet connection problem.
So, here is a step by step guide that how to use this app. You have to follow each step in chronological order to solve your internet connection issue.
- Firstly, after successful downloading, Chrome’s App menu open in front of you.
- If it won’t then you can click on Apps in the bookmark bar to open up the Chrome’s app menu and there you have to find Chrome Connectivity Diagnostics.
- If you are having a chromebook then you can either click on the menu button which is in the bottom left corner or you can tap on the search button and type “Chrome Connectivity Diagnostics” there.
- Finally you can see a screen like the below one.
- There you have to tap on Chrome Connectivity Diagnostics.
- When the app launches successfully then it will start performing its task. You can see a progress bar that will let you know how far along it is.
- When the app has finished its task. It will give you a complete breakdown of everything that it found.
- If there is no problem then you can see a sea of green checkmarks like in the below screenshot.
If your system has any problem then this Chrome Connectivity Diagnostics test will let you know.
- Even if this test passed or failed, if you want to gain more info then you can click on each one of the breakdown. In case of failed test, this will help you to get a proper solution.
If you want to make changes in the settings of this app, then you can easily do. All you have to do is click on gear icon which is in the upper right corner.
There you can see four sub-options.
- Hide Passing Tests
- Rerun tests
- Send feedback
“Hide passing tests “will help you to hide the result if there is no internet connection issue. Hence it will make the process quicker and easier.
If you have tried both above methods but still have problem then you must reboot all the things.
Like turn off your system, turn off your modem and turn off the router. Now wait for two to three minutes and then reboot your device. First turn on your modem, followed by the router and finally your system.
Hope this will solve your all internet connection problems. If you like this article then don’t forget to comment and share.
Thanks for your reading.