Reading the title of this article, it may sound absurd. It probably reminds you of some Hollywood movie where some hacker or a computer genius just plugs in a device or a USB drive and the computer magically fires up. It is really not that hypothetical or mysterious. You can be one of those people who can actually do that. So let’s get on with it.
We usually log on to our computer with the use of some password or pin. This can prove to be tiresome if you are constantly away from your computer for short intervals of time. A simple way to avoid this is to use a USB stick to lock and unlock your PC. It is a secure and easy way to use your computer. Read further for more details.
What you need:
1.A Windows computer/laptop
2.A USB drive
- 6 Ways To Find Out If Someone Is Secretly Accessing Your Computer
- How to Install Windows Boot Camp without an Optical Drive
- 10 Best Alternatives to Steam for Buying Cheap PC Games
- How to Use and Install Ubuntu Snap Packages on Other Linux Distros
- With predator USB free, you can lock and unlock your PC by simply removing or inserting a USB flash drive.
- You can use any USB stick, the program will generate a security code and place it on the device to find it as the USB login key. It will then check every few seconds if the drive is still inserted and if it is not, the program will lock your computer. If anyone attempts to use your PC while the USB stick is removed, he will be prompted for a password and, if the correct password is not entered within 20 seconds, an alarm will sound and access is denied.
- Optionally, predator will take a picture with your webcam and email it to you. Predator has a built-in scheduler where you define the times of day when each user may use the computer. You can make specific rules for each user and each day of the week.
- Out of authorized periods you can either lock the desktop, log off the user or shutdown the computer. predator logs the access attempt and notifies you the next time you unlock your PC.
- Unlocking your computer is as simple as inserting the predator USB key drive, if you happen to lose your USB stick, you can unlock your computer with a password that you specify during setup.
- Furthermore, Predator often changes the security codes recorded on your USB drive, so even if an intruder manages to copy your stick, this copy will not work because the codes on your own stick will have changed in the meantime.
How To Lock and Unlock Your PC Using USB Pendrive
1.To start off, you need to install the predator software on your Windows PC. Run the program once it is installed.
2.Now it’s going to ask you to set password and recovery key, insert the USB pen drive and click on ok.
3.Here you can set any password of your want, and additionally you’ve got selected the precise Pendrive with the intention to open your computer to keep away from misuse using another Pendrive.
4.Now your USB pen drive is ready to use. you could use its preference to amplify greater functions.
This method works for Windows user only. For Linux users you may visit here for similar function.
You are all set. Use simple features like these to make your life easier.It also makes you look cool! 😉