Kodi, the multimedia center allows you to stream any data that is available online. You can also use Kodi to watch live TV, by using a Fire Stick on Amazon Fire TV. While learning to use Kodi you will see a lot of posts about the VPN and its importance. This article will enlighten you about the uses of VPN and how to install vpn for firestick free. Read Our Previuos article about Best Kodi Addons .
What is a VPN?
VPN is known as a virtual private network. They help in protecting your privacy while you’re streaming videos online. They also help in unlocking the geo-restricted addons.
Many countries like US, UK, and Australia has some rules according to which allow internet service providers to monitor and record your activities online. The Kodi streaming history is under scrutiny and thus needs protection.
Why do we need a VPN on Fire Stick?
Same way you need protection for your other devices you also need it for your Firestick. Therefore we recommend you to use the VPN service provider as and when you start using Kodi on your Amazon Fire TV.
VPN, however, protects you from such matters; it encrypts your link to the internet and thus creates an anonymous connection through a private IP address, which will hide your activity and will protect your privacy and anonymity.
Why is it important to use a VPN while streaming videos?
- Protecting your privacy when you are streaming videos
- Unlocking geo-restricted add-ons to make the most about of your Kodi
- How to install Kodi (XBMC) on Amazon Fire TV Stick
- How to Install and Use Kodi on Android/iOS/Windows/Mac
- KODI Download for Android, iOS Phones, Mac/Windows
- How to Install VPN on Kodi and The Best VPNs for Kodi
Best VPNs for Kodi
These are the best free vpn for firestick providers that are available online. You can select any one you find the best.
A VPN service does the best to protect you from the prying eyes and thus, also makes your connection to the Internet anonymous.
VPN on Fire TV or Firestick-
Fire TV will give better download speeds when you are Install VPN on Kodi, as they have a faster processor. If you are going to use the VPN for both then buy a Fire TV with better download speed.
IPVanish is one of the best VPN as it has certain features which are not found in any other VPN. The reasons it is among the best are
- IPVanish VPN recently launched a new application for the Fire TV and Fire TV Stick that works excellent with a remote control.
- The new user interface of the VPN is simple and addictive on your Fire TV device.
- IPVanish does not have any traffic logs. Therefore, there is no history of online activity.
- IPVanish will allow you to use the service on five devices at the same time with one account and thus you can easily connect the computer, phone, and Fire TV or Stick etc.
- IPVanish is friendly with almost all the devices like Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS. They have mobile applications for both Android and iOS are outstanding.
Use 2nd Generation-
Given below is the tutorial of how to install VPN on Fire TV or a Fire Stick. The tutorial is not compatible with the 1st Generation Fire Stick. It can work with all the other generations like the 2 Generation Fire Stick or Fire TV.
To know about the generation of your Fire Stick look on the outside of the Box. The 1st Fire Stick generation does not have a power that can withstand the running of a VPN service provider.
How To Install VPN On Amazon Fire TV Or Stick
- Turn on your Fire Stick. Select Settings. After this select System.
- Now select Developer Options.
- Select Apps from Unknown Sources and turn ON.
- Also, select ADB Debugging & turn ON.
- You will now see a warning message about unknown sources, selecting OK can turn off unknown sources.
- Go back to home screen and select Search. Type downloader and select it.
- Select the Downloader application and select Get.
When the download has completed you will see a notification in the bottom right side after that you can launch.
- Now go to the Menu Icon and Launch Now.
- Select the URL section to enter this in the section http://bit.ly/ipvanishapk. Click Next
- Click Download and the download will begin.
- Highlight the Install button and select it. As soon as the install finishes select Open.
- You will now see the IPVanish login screen, add your IPVanish Username and Password and you can also select Remember Me.
- Once logged in a Tutorial, which you can Skip.
- You have to do the following to connect to the server as IPVanish does not seem on your home screen.
- When you start your Fire Stick go the Your Apps & Games section and scroll right to the end where it says See All.
When the next window opens scroll down to IPVanish and you can open from here.
Watch the video-
Here is the link to the video if you are unable to understand the above-given steps-