Jailbreaking lets users access third party apps that Apple otherwise would not allow access to. It is very common and easy to jailbreak iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, today. You can install many apps, mods, extensions and tweaks from Cydia which is the store of apps for jail-broken devices. It is not illegal to jailbreak iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch or any other Apple device. It was considered illegal but the US government passed a law that declares jailbreaking to be legal in July 2010. A common concern among newbies is that there device might suffer bricking if they jailbreak iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. This, however, is not true. It’s almost impossible and the worst that could happen is that your device might become unresponsive, in which case you can always revert back to your original iOS. There are many benefits to jailbreaking your device and many people use it for different purposes. For example: Apple doesn’t allow customization of your device by changing app icons etc, which can be frustrating. However, with third party apps such as WinterBoard, you can customize your device all you want. If you Jailbreak iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, you can also access many tweaks, extensions and mods. They change the performance of your device in small yet effective ways. Apple can deny warranty if you Jailbreak iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, but if you want to claim your warranty for a repair, you can always undo the jailbreak by restoring the default iOS through iTunes.
While you jailbreak iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch for all the earlier versions easily, there’s no way to jailbreak the latest iOS updates i.e. 8.2 or 8.3 yet. It’s also not possible to jailbreak the 8.1.3 update as Apple patched up the vulnerabilities used by hackers to jailbreak the operating system. However, it doesn’t take long for the hackers to jailbreak the iOS updates and it might be possible in the near future but now, you can only jailbreak if your device operates on the 8.1.2 or lower iOS updates.
There are two main apps available that can help you jailbreak iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. These apps don’t depend on the device but on the platform of your computer. Mac users can jailbreak their devices using PP Jailbreak because Windows users can use TaiG Jailbreak. Now let’s talk about jailbreaking your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch by following these simple steps:
Jail-breaking on a Mac:
You can jail-break iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S, iPhone 4S as well as iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini and iPod Touch 5G. If your Apple device is present in the list, follow these steps to jailbreak iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch:
- Back up your files using iTunes or iCloud.
- Download PP Jailbreak’s latest version.
- Connect the device to your Mac using USB Cable.
- Disable Passcode and turn off Find My iPhone from settings.
- Run the software, it will automatically detect your device.
- Click on the tab at the center of the screen to jail-break.
- Reboot device after jail-break is complete. Cydia icon will appear on your mobile’s home-screen.
- Re-enable Passcode and Find My iPhone settings when jail-break is complete.
Jail-breaking On Windows:
The devices that can be jail-broken on windows are the same, find your device’s name in the list and make sure that the iOS version is 8.1.2.
- Back up all your files and data using iCloud or iTunes.
- Disable all firewalls or Antivirus that could prevent the software from establishing internet connection.
- Download the TaiG Jail-break software and make sure the version is latest.
- Connect your Apple device to your Windows Computer using a USB cable.
- Similarly, disable the Passcode and Find My iPhone from the Settings on your Apple device.
- Run the TaiG Jail-break software as Administrator by right-clicking on the app and click on “Run As Administrator”.
- The software detects your device however, this might take some time.
- Deselect TaiG App Store.
- Click on the green button to begin jail-break. A circular bar will show progress.
- The process can take 20 to 30 minutes.
- After the jail-break is complete, the device will reboot and the Cydia icon will appear in Home Screen.
- Re-enable Passcode and Find My iPhone from the device’s Settings.
Keep in mind that if you jailbreak iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, you can still use the official Apple App Store and iTunes just like you did before jail-breaking. The only difference will be that you can use another app store called Cydia, to download thousands of third-party apps, mods and tweaks that are not available on the Apple’s App Store. Make sure to not update the iOS if you you jailbreak iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch because it would roll-back to the default software, and you will no longer be able to use Cydia.