It has all stuff inside. It also has a media player, media library, online radio broadcaster. Are you confused what vague this man is talking about? Nothing vague; Nothing to get confused about, I am talking about iTunes will not connect to store.
iTunes developed by Apple Inc. can be said as a full-fledged entertainment package. It has so many items that will make you a fan of it. iTunes allows the user to play, download, organize digital audio and video. Through the iTunes Store, users can buy and download music, music videos, audio books, podcasts, movie, ringtones and much more.
Sometimes times, your iPhone/iPad/iPod cannot connect to iTunes Store, App store or the Game Center. A ‘Cannot Connect to iTunes Store error ‘ shows up when you try to open iTunes. This error occurs mostly due to due to internet connectivity issues or if you’re trying to use the App Store when it’s being updated, you can try to fix the trouble on your iPhone/iPad too through the steps mentioned below.
Read Also: How to Copy Playlists to iPhone, iPad or iPod
1. Check Your Internet Connection:
- Make sure you are in the range of the WiFi router or primary station.
- Ensure that the devices such as PC are capable to connect to WiFi. And it is important they are able to use the internet.
- Try to reset WiFi router again—simply turn it off and then turn it on.
- If it is still it is not done, then you go to troubleshooting WiFi network and connections.
2. Disable/Enable iTunes Parental Controls:
This technique has worked like a charisma for many iOS users. We were so cynical about these solutions. But it helps many readers to connect to iTunes store. Here you go:
- Launch iTunes → from the top menu select Preferences.
- Go to Parental Control tab → Disable access to iTunes Store and allow access to iTunes U
- Now, quit iTunes. Re-launch iTunes and if it sends you directly to iTunes without any problem, then go to the previous step and go back to Parental Control and enable access to iTunes Store.
- Once it’s done, quit iTunes and then open it again. You should now be able to connect to the iTunes Store without having any problem.
3. Restart Network / Switch Wifi-3G:
- Network issue can also be the simplest reason why your iPhone/iPad/iPod won’t be connecting to iTunes or App store. If the Wi-Fi signal is weak, there’s a maximum chance iTunes store won’t open.
- One way of knowing it is to turn off your network and then restart it.
- Switch to 3G or 4G
- From the multitasking switcher Exit App Store/iTunes app
- Open iTunes/App Store again.
- If you are on 3G and this doesn’t fix, you might have to switch to WiFi and check it out.
4. Check the Date-change settings:
This trick has worked as a solution for quite a while. Although this was supposed to work only primarily, there are a few users who report that this method appears to work even now:
- Go to Settings → General → Data & Time
- Now, Turn ON set Automatically
- Again from the multi-task switcher exit iTunes and App Store and re-open them.
5. Software Update:
- It is important to check out if your iOS is up to date or not. Settings—General—Software Update.
- It’s also necessary that your version of Mac OS X is up to date.
- Must make sure iTunes and Safari are updated to their latest version.
6. Troubleshoot Firewall related Issue:
- If you have a firewall installed, your settings may be causing plenty issues and not letting you to connect to iTunes. Therefore, you need to configure your firewall.
- Sometimes, connection issues occur due to key chain issues. Hence, you may need resetting key chain.
- If it is still not done, you should contact your ISP and enable ports and servers over your network.
7. Reboot- the last hope:
After all if you still get the ‘Cannot connect to iTunes Store’ error even after all these steps, maybe something is wedged up hard. A simple solid reset should usually fix the error, but you can also opt to reboot your iPhone just to be sure of if something is alright or not. To have a solid reset: simply press the home and power button simultaneously till the iPhone screen goes blank. Now press the power button only until you see the Apple logo.
In most cases: the error is solved by applying these processes. But if you still meet any problem still, then it is recommended that you visit any Apple authorized outlet or service center. They may either solve this issue, or they might even give you another similar device.
Anyway, this issue has been with iOS users. But, all were successful after trying the above methods. I hope that these above methods will surely help you to fix the Cannot Connect to iTunes Store Error .Now it’s time to enjoy with iTunes.