It happens more than often that we forget passwords of various platforms such as Facebook, Gmail or in fact Wi-Fi which is the most important part of our life in today’s generation. This becomes extremely difficult as we cannot watch videos and surf the internet like we used to happily.
At such times we feel how it would have been easy if we could know the saved passwords which we forgot to login to our favorite platforms. If you are wondering whether such thing exists; then worry not! We can easily find saved passwords on any iPhone or Android etc.
- How to Share WiFi Passwords on iPhone and iPad
- How to Stop Asking You to Save Passwords on Any Web Browser
- How to Print Any Document from Android Phone or Device
- How to Connect and Unlock WiFi on iPhone and iPad
How To Find Out Saved Wi-Fi Password on (Android | iOS | Windows | Mac | Linux)
In this article, we will describe the way we can easily find saved Wi-Fi password in any Android/iOS/Linux/Windows/Mac devices so that you can relish in your favorite past times. We will go over each briefly in the below paragraphs.
How To Find Out Saved Wi–Fi Password in Android
Trying to find out saved Wi-Fi password in PC is relatively much easier as we can contact the Wi-Fi administrator to give the password. Whereas in Android, it is little difficult to know all the details. Nevertheless, we describe a simple process by which we can retrieve saved Wi-Fi password in Android easily.
- Open a system file on Android, as we cannot use the normal file explorer that comes pre-installed on the device. For this particular activity, we need to use ES File Explorer.
- Shift to a folder in ES File Explorer and find a directory called data. Go to data/misc/wifi folder and you will find a file by the name wpa-supplicant.conf
- Click on the file and after it opens, make sure that you are using ES File Explorer’s built-in text/ HTML viewer. This is to see the wireless SSID and password next to it.
- After ensuring it, search for the specified UserName and Password. Write this down on piece of paper and close the file. Tenner that you are not to edit anything in the file; otherwise, you may start having Wi-Fi problems.
In this way, you can easily retrieve saved Wi-Fi passwords with ease. Make sure you follow the above mentioned steps exactly to get faster benefits from it.
How To Find Out Saved Wi–Fi Password in Windows 7,8,10 PC.
In order to find out saved Wi-Fi password in Windows, you need some commands.
- Go to Settings and launch command prompt in administer mode.
- Enter “cmd” in the run box and right click the command prompt. Select Run as Administrator.
- Type the following command:
Particular user name show profile= “Windows SD” key= Clear
- Click Enter to see the Wi-Fi password.
Note: The name of your Wireless SSID is the name of the Wi-Fi network that your computer is connected to.
You can see the password under Security Settings. In case you wish to see only the password and not other information, then you can use the findstr command.
Finding Saved Wi–Fi Password in Windows 10
- After getting connected to the network, right-click on the Wi-Fi icon on the Windows System Tray and click on Open the Network and Sharing.
- From the list of networks your computer is now connected to; click on Connections:<Wi-Fi Name>your computer is connected to and it will open the Wi-Fi Status Window.
- Click on Wireless Properties after the page opens. This page will show the connection name and type and will have a security tab you need to click on.
- The Network Security Key option will have the Wi-Fi password and thus click on you need to select Show characters to make the password visible.
- Here don’t try to mess with the properties or else you might have trouble connecting to the network next time. So be careful while dealing with the settings on this page.
Thus, following these steps will lead us to the lost , saved Wi-Fi password.
How To Find Out Saved Wi–Fi Password in Mac
Usually Mac uses key chain to store the configuration information of the Wi-Fi network and use the BSD command “security” to find anything stored inside key chain, including the Wi-Fi password.
- Launch Spotlight by pressing Cmd+Space and click terminal to open the Terminal Window.
- Replace the Wireless SSID with your Wi-Fi name, then type your Mac specified user name and password to enter the OSX key chain.
- Enter the following command:
Security find–generic–password–wifi name.
- The Wi-Fi network password would be visible on the screen in plain text.
- Copy the password on a piece of paper and close the window.
In this way you can find out saved Wi-Fi password in any Macs with ease.
By after the above mentioned process, finding out Wi-Fi passwords has become ever easy as never. Follow these steps practically and relish again in watching videos and surfing the net like before!!!!
How To Find Out Saved Wi-Fi Password in Linux
In Linux we can easily find out the saved WiFi passwords with help of just one line command, Just copy paste that command on your terminal and then hit enter. And there will be the list of networks with their network keys.
sudo grep psk= /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/*
This asterisk can be used to find out all the networks connections and passwords, If you need to find out any specific or particular network’s key means just replace the asterisk with networks SSID.
How To Find Out Saved Wi-Fi Password in iPhone and iPad
If you have jailbroken iPhone or iPad then install a small Cydia tweak called NetworkList from Cydia. just after installing it, Go to WiFi settings page on your device, there now you can see the new option like “Network Passwords” or “Known Networks”. Just tap on that option there you can find the WiFi networks password that stored on your device.
It can display passwords on very basic display screen from there you can’t copy passwords to your clipboard or else send it as text message, Just memorize it else just write it down on any paper.
- How to Add, Change, Remove a PIN/Password in Your Windows
- How To Lock and Unlock Your Windows or Linux PC
- How to Remove Password from PDF Files on Mac
- How To Add Android Like Pattern Lock on Windows
So now you can easily find out all saved WiFi passwords on any Android or iOS devices also on windows or mac or Linux computers too. If you know any other better way to find out saved WiFi passwords means share with us on comment section.