WhatsApp is one of the best medium of communication in the recent days. The security and privacy in such messaging apps are weak. Our images , status and conversation are not just confined to contact list. It travels beyond that. Some one is watching our messages and images we share with our loved ones through private chat.
The transparency is under which such social media forums run are highly doubtful. We cant be alert all the time. To safe guard its users , WhatsApp introduced a feature called ” Two Step Verification”.
This feature allows you to access and verify your account with a passcode. It is a kind of an extra layer of protection. Enable the two step verification in watsapp to avoid person accessing your WhatsApp with just your phone number.
The process involves a passcode that will be generated at the time of creating a WhatsApp account as a part of verification.
Enable Two-Step Verification in WhatsApp for iPhone and iPad :
- Launch the Settings within your WhatsApp app. Click on the Account option.
- You will now see a option called “Two Step Verification”. By clicking on that you have initiated your process.
- Click on the “Enable” option.
- In this step you have to enter a six digit passcode twice. Remember this passcode to access your account.
- Adding your email will help you to be more safe. It backs up your chats and media. Do not worry if you have lost your passcode. You can retrieve the account using the email ID. Click Done after entering your email ID.
- You can avoid adding your email ID by clicking on “skip”.
Here are the reasons why you should give your email ID :
- Forgetting your passcode and not having your email ID will make your WhatsApp account lock.
- If you want to reverify your account within seven days , email Id will help.
- Without email you have to lose your older messages.
- If you haven’t verified your account for 30 days , app will delete your account.
Disable WhatsApp Two-Step Verification :
- Open the Settings option in WhatsApp.
- Select the Account option.
- Go to the Two Step verification.
- In this window you will have options to disable , Change passcode and Change Email.
- If you are sure about disabling , Click disable.