Opening apps is not that big a task. But, it would be even better if you don’t have to take your hands off the keyboard to open an app, wouldn’t it? Yes, you can do so by using keyboard shortcut.
While there are some third – party applications for the same purpose. In this post, we will tell you how you can create keyboard shortcuts for applications on your Mac without the use of any third-party application –
- How to Copy Parental Controls From One Account to Another on Mac
- How to Remove Timestamp From Screenshot File Names on Mac
- How to Hide or Remove Apple Music in iTunes on Your Mac
Set Keyboard Shortcuts to Launch Apps on Your Mac
Step 1 – Choose Apple menu. Click on System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts.
Step 2 – When Shortcuts are opened, Select App Shortcuts on the left, click the Add button. Then click the Application pop-up menu, then choose the specific app(s).
Note : If an app is not in the list, choose ‘Other’, then find the app using the ‘Open’ dialog. Please note that you may still not see some apps as they do not allow setting keyboard shortcuts.
Step 3 – Click on the ‘Keyboard Shortcut’ field, press the key combination that you want to use as the keyboard shortcut, then click on Add.
(For example, pressing the Control option and Z key at the same time.)
Remember, You can use a key only once in a key combination. So be careful while choosing the shortcuts and choose them according to your preferences.
If you create a keyboard shortcut that is already in use for another app or another command, the new shortcut will not work. To solve that, you have to change your new shortcut or the other shortcut.
- How to Transfer or Sync Files between Android and Mac
- How to Use TouchBar Functionality on Any Mac
- How to Find and Delete Duplicate Photos on Your Mac
- How to Extract an Image From Pages Document on Mac
How to change or delete a Shortcut?
You may, at any point of time, want to change or delete an already in work shortcut due to various reasons. Here is how you can do it –
• To change a shortcut, Tap on it, click the key combination, then press a new key combination.
• To remove a shortcut already created, select the shortcut, then click the Delete button