One should always have the best tools to accomplish the excellence in making the user experience good and crafting the UI or User interface beautifully. But first one should know about each of them. And also know about the fact that they are highly different. The user experience is more about the optimization and making their operations smooth and efficient. The User interface, on the other hand, is about the looks and the effects that can be put visually or audibly.
Here we will introduce you to some most useful tools regarding the UI and UX and then some tips, which will help you to create attractive and user friendly interfaces.
Best Tools and Tips for User-Friendly Interfaces
InVision is a modern day designing platform which not only helps you in prototyping your product but also testing and collaborating with others. You just have to upload your designs, animations and interactive files and it will provide you with a clickable prototype.
You can share it and have your team members or stakeholders and contributors comment on it directly. All the live streaming, syncing and security features make it one of the best of its kind. You can subscribe on it for free and buy the paid subscription according to your need.
Ever wondered how your idea will end up looking like when you finally launch it for public use? Proto.io will help you see how it will look with all the designs and textures without coding. This is the best tool to view a prototype of an app long before any resources are spent on the project. It has a UI library and you can use the drag and drop function to any interface element.
The best part is you can even try the prototype, when it’s complete, on a device to experience its looks and usability. It does cost you a bit (starting from $24 a month) to buy a premium subscription but yes, you can try it for free for 15 days.
Sketch is a professional designing app but is just for Mac. It is quite easy to learn and use. It has a vector based system with sharp pixel size editing. You can create complex shapes and figures without much work. It is made for all types of designers and it’s very easy to form a beautiful, high quality artwork from just a scratch. You can download the free trial that is available on the website or buy the software for $99.
Notism will give a combined service for prototyping, collaborating and managing on one platform. There are no lines of coding required for making an interactive prototype. You can share a live video of your prototype and can receive fast feedback. Special sketching tools are provided which can be used directly on shared content. All the data that you upload is secure and backed up regularly to multiple locations.
Great Simple (http://greatsimple.io/)
Great simple has a lot of apps and software to offer you. It has different apps for different platform like Android, iOS, web etc. Great Simple has been designed with one major objective for satisfying every need of designers. App designing kits of different platforms, flowcharts, and website layouts everything is available here for purchases. These apps are also compatible with Adobe Photoshop and Sketch.
Useful tips for making a better User Interface
- Keep it simple: It means that most of the users are using a website or app for the uses and not for designs. So instead of keeping some complex animations, keep it simple and clever.
- Make interactions effective: The UI should be towards making tasks easier and time efficient. Instead of putting attractive options which can be distraction sometimes, the focus should be more on the main functions and ease of access.
- Make everything clear: You can show off your creativity and designing skills in the UI, but that too in a very fine way. People love beautiful UIs blending matching colors and conciseness. But if people have to find the options and figure out what to do next it all fails. So provide them with easily visible buttons, icons or provide the under a beginner’s tour.
- Consistency: You have to consistent of the designs and the organization of data on the page or app. This is because users get used to it quite fast. So if you keep on changing t after updates or after different posts it might puzzle the users where to find the stuff they want.
- Use well known design patterns: Users like familiar designs, formats and actions to navigate through a website. So people wouldn’t have to figure out every website or app and it will be kind of easy to use and standardized.
- Understand how Ui and Ux play together: The UI should be creative but at the same time straightforward. The User experience is very important. All the information and flow should be present with proper designs. The important items should be easy to access and highlighted.