Android Screen recordings apps are used to teach users how to do certain tasks on their gadgets, or to record videos or meetings for future use and reference purposes. Keeping the importance of this task in mind, several applications have been developed on the Android platforms. Some of the best android screen recording applications are described below:
6 Android Screen Recording Apps To Record your Screen Activity
- AZ Screen Recorder: This screen recorder does not need the device to be rooted. In order to use this app, the device must have Lollipop 5.0 or higher. It is free on the App Store. Once downloaded, the main screen has four icons on the screen, viz; to start recording, to adjust app settings, to use the folder with your recorded videos, and to exit.
When the recording is started, the lower right corner of the screen has a blinking red dot. This can be tapped to pause the recording, and can also be dragged across the screen. Interactions with the screen while recording and changes in output quality can be made from the settings. This application does not give any watermark or frame, and provides a good quality image without any time limit. It allows changes in resolution, bit rate, etc. and allows recording of audio content.
Read Also: How To Record Android Device’s Screen
- Telecine: This free application is available for Android Lollipop 5.0 or higher. It has a simple interface, and provides high quality video content. However, this application does not allow the user to record audio content.
In order to start the recording, select the ‘Launch Overlay’ option from the application. An overlay appears on the top right corner of the screen. When you are ready to start recording, tap on the red recording button. In order to pause/stop the recording, tap on the overlay again.
- Rec. : This android screen recording app requires that the device is rooted if it is running Android 4.4. However, for Android 5.0 and above, no root is required. The free version of this application allows a recording of 5 minutes, and limits audio recording to 30 seconds. These restrictions do not exist in the full version.
After adjusting the bit rate, duration, quality, and directory in which the recording is to be saved, the user must select the Record option in the application. The time delay between choice and the beginning of the recording can also be defined by the user. Shaking the device or shutting the screen stops the recording midway. All screen touches are automatically recorded.
- Rivulus: This is available for Android Lollipop and above, and is available free download on the Play Store. Once installed, on opening the app, three options are available. First, the recording resolution can be determined. Then, recording orientation, i.e, portrait or landscape can be defined. The user can then enable the recording from the microphone if required.
The icon present towards the top-left of the screen can be used to start recording. In order to stop the recording, pull down the notification shade and look for a notification that says ‘Recording Screen’. Tap ‘Stop’ to stop the screen recording. The recording can be accessed directly from the app, and can also be found in the ScreenRecordings folder through a File Manager.
- Mobizen: This application is available for free on the Play Store and is primarily for recording game screens. It requires a least Android of 4.2 and is hence useful for KitKat users. It is an easy-to-use app, which allows video editing and does not have an in-built watermark. This can be used to store the recordings directly onto your SD card. This also allows change in video quality and addition of background music.
- ilos: This screen recorder requires an Android Lollipop version 5.0 or higher. It is available for free, and allows easy sharing of the recordings on YouTube, Drive, Dropbox, Facebook etc.
With the big ‘Record’ option on the connection, video and audio recording of the screen can be started. The website version can also be used to screen record on your computer systems. When the recording is completed, you must go back to the application to stop the recording. This application provides unlimited recording with no watermark or ads. The recordings can be accessed from the App folder.