Industry experts predict that this year is going to be the year of Cloud computing technology; statistics, trends, and analyses strengthen the
validity of the forecasts.
Here are five 5 reasons why this year would be the year of cloud:
1. More than 50% of businesses across the world have already started to benefit from the technology. Big corporations such as Google, Amazon, and Oracle have in fact chosen to invest in the technology upon seeing its profitability. They are now offering individuals and
businesses alike the technology through several cloud solutions.
2. How many internet users have social media accounts? Facebook alone already has almost one billion users, and 95% of these are active users. You may not easily associate social media with the Cloud. The fact is that when you use your social media account, you are already benefiting from the cloud environment.
3. Studies and research confirm that more businesses are already moving their systems to the cloud. In a recent survey, results show that about 14% of the respondents have benefited from the complete migration of their enterprise resource planning systems to the cloud. About 31% of the respondents indicate they are moving their systems within the year, and a significant 27% of the respondents are giving themselves up to 2015 for their systems’ full migration.
4. The International Data Corporation (IDC) has published a document in 2010 indicating the growth in revenue of cloud services with a forecast that revenue will breach $55.5 billion in 2014. With the rate of growth at present, it may even exceed this figure with major corporations deciding to become market players.
Further, statistics show that the technology has started to penetrate medium-scale and small-scale businesses, and the businesses that have already availed of the technology confirm how they are benefiting from it.
5. There is a noticeable surge in the use of gadgets and machines other than computers (i.e. desktops and laptops) such as mobile devices (e.g. smartphones and tablets) in accessing the internet. This means that users are now shifting to mobile devices in connecting online that is, in turn, increasing the power and functions of the cloud.
Benefits of Cloud Technology
Users, individuals and businesses alike, are recognizing and starting to enjoy the many benefits of cloud technology. Some of these are the following:
- The ability to use an almost endless set of tools and resources without having to spend a lot of money. Users do not have to pay for licenses or buy the product.
- Cloud computing is subscription-based, and with the subscription, you can choose which apps, services, or content you need.
Because of this scalability and infinite range of selections, you get to benefit from the best value for your money.
- You can use the technology and benefit from it from wherever you are and whenever you need it. It erases the limitations of time,
space, and locations.
Whether you use the cloud storage technology for personal or business purposes, with the way things are going right now, this year is definitely going to be the year of the cloud.